Installing Luan as an Underlayment
1. Luan should be installed directly on top of the subfloor (This is due to the face that, luan itself is not strong enough to to be the concrete subfloor)
2. Leave a quarter inch gap around the edges of the luan, to allow for expansion/shrinkage
3. Use pressure cuts to cut through the panel, with one diret cut.
4. Ensure that Staples are flush with the Luan Material. This is to avoid any bumps or unevenness showing up in the finished work.
5. Once luan plywood is installed, insure to clean the floor surface before applying the flooring vinyl flooring.